Friday, February 5, 2010

The best of friends!

There are lots of people who are in my life everyday. Some of them try understand what having a special needs kid is all about but don't really understand, some of them pretend that I don't have one and then there are my friends who absolutely get it and get how it affects me. I have my friends who have other kids with WHS and of course they understand and I love them for it. But the ones who are extra special are the ones who don't have special needs kids and still get it. They are the ones who let me vent, not really about anything in particular but they just listen. They do the little things for me that mean so much and they probably have no clue much they mean. (Until they read this) Today more than anything I needed some quiet time to do NOTHING!! I get it about once a year and sometimes just really need it. One of these special friends gave me that and it's the best gift. Of course because I'm a crazy nut, I spent half an hour on the sofa and then starting cleaning the basement. But that short amount of down time is sometimes all I need to get all my stress in check and continue with the day. Some days I want to run for the hills screaming and other days I can take it like the best of them. Today I was on the verge of running :)

I just wanted to take this post to says thanks to those extra special friends. You guys know who you are and I LOVE YOU ALL! Thank you for all that you do for me and for Karly.

No comments:

Post a Comment