Thursday, February 25, 2010

"To blessed to be stressed"

I just finished up at my company's annual sales kickoff and listened to the best motivational speaker. In the past few years, I have listened to many motivational speakers. Many were so into themselves and whatever book they were selling and you can see it right away. Others you get some ideas from them but never really blow you away. This guy today blew me away...his name was Jon Gordan. He message was very simple and well presented.

I must say I was not the least bit interested in sitting through one more speaker. According to the weather reports there was a blizzard coming (however now riding home on the bus...I see no snow). Anyway I just wanted to get the day's meetings over and get home. Five minutes into his speech I was completely engaged. I was scribbling down notes and taking it all in. He spoke from the heart and I believed every minute of it.

The message that hit home the most was when he said "to blessed to be stressed." Such as simple statement but how powerful! It amazing how much this just stopped me in my tracks. I think of all the times in a day that I'm stressed. (Lately it's been a lot) If in those times I would just stop and think about all the wonderful blessings in my life and not the stressful situations imagine how much happier I would be. Caring for a child with special needs can sometimes just overwhelm you with stress. But I am the luckiest person in the world to be Karly and Ethan's mom. I thank God every day that I have such wonderful children. With Karly every little accomplishment is huge for her and we should slow down our lives just a bit to see how her life is truly a gift. I know from this day forward I will make an effort to live by the saying "To blessed to be stressed." It won't be easy but I am going to give it all I got.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! Glad your training was somewhat fun and beneficial! Get home safely!

    ReplyDelete